Blue Devil 2.0

Teachnology for K-5 Teachers

Free App of the Day

December13

12-13-2013 12-01-08 PM

Hopscotch

***2013 Parents’ Choice Gold Award winner***
***2014 Children’s Technology Review: Best Educational Technology***
***Featured by Apple in Education and Best for 9 -12***
Hopscotch teaches kids to code using simple, intuitive building blocks. Kids can create games, animations and other programs in this colorful, interactive environment.

Want to participate in #HourOfCode? Check out our video tutorial online at hop.sc/HoCvideo

Program your characters to move, draw, and collide with each other, and use shaking, tilting, or even shouting at the iPad to control them. Hopscotch was inspired by MIT’s Scratch and gives kids a creative way to learn the fundamentals of computer programming.

Praise from our users:

“This is the best app I have ever put on my kids’ iPads.”
–Digital media technology teacher and dad

“The most exciting iPad app for teaching coding in primary schools. Nothing else comes close yet.”
–IT coordinator, UK

“Great job!!! I’m seventy two years old, old – time amateur Apple II programmer and I used to teach my kids how to program with Logo. Now, I do the same with my grandchildren, using Hopscotch.”
–Grandfather

“The more and more I use Hopscotch with my students, the more I realize I’m teaching my students to think.”
–EdTech teacher

Why learn to code? Computer Science is among the highest paid college degrees and programming jobs are growing at 2x the national average. By the year 2020, there will be a projected 1.4 million computer jobs but only 400,000 CS students. Even if kids don’t grow up to be programmers, the problem solving and critical thinking skills they will obtain playing Hopscotch are necessary for every career path.

Ranked #4 in Education Apps. Recommended for kids ages 8 to ∞.

Learn more about us at gethopscotch.com.

by posted under app, iPad | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar